For my 35th birthday, I decided to write down 35 things I am celebrating. 35 things I am thankful for.
1. Our home. This is the one I intend to raise my children in. When my babies come home from college to visit, they can sleep in their childhood beds. We will build memories to last lifetimes within these walls. When they visit, they will recall holidays spent under this roof, nerf gun wars, and weekends spent in the pool or playing in the street with their friends.
2. My vehicle. For a safe and reliable ride.
3. My job. For its flexibility so that I may take off early to pick up a sick kid or take an extended lunch to surprise them with lunch at school. And for the self-worth and balance it provides. As well as the income.
4. Health. My children's, my husband's and mine.
5. The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad.
6. Clean sheets. And yummy fabric softener.
7. My camera. It keeps me dreaming.
9. My ride to work. Especially during the Fall.
10. Warm weather.
11. Living close to the beach.
12. My husband's job. And that he is able to work.
13. Centerville Elementary. Because they have a great staff and the teachers are amazing.
14. Debbie. Bella's babysitter. Finding her was a miracle. She loves Bella and Bella is so happy when she's with her.
15. Lay's Dill Pickle chips and Flaming Hot Cheeto's. And milk. I love milk.
16. My phone. Sadly, I use my phone a lot. I'm using it right now. But it keeps me in contact with my friends and family. It keeps me organized. And I'm able to capture pictures I might not get if I didn't have a camera at my disposal.
17. My genes. I have a relatively healthy family.
18. Being a mother. And that I was able to carry a baby. Three healthy pregnancies and three beautiful healthy babies.
19. Each of my children and their uniqueness. Their personalities. Cameron's fighting spirit. Jackson's quirkiness. Bella's spunkiness.
20. That my sister moved back home. That our children are growing up together. And for our closeness. And because it's just the 2 of us.
21. Josh's family and their support.
22. My mother. She is truly my biggest fan. It's true that no one can love you as much as your own mother. I know that now.
23. Crock pots.
24. Little League baseball. And the friends we have made.
25. Pinterest. Seriously. It changed my life.
26. My husband. He's one of the best men; son, father, brother, brother-in-law, grandson, friend. He is loyal and self-less. I'm a hard person to love.
27. Our pool. I thought I'd hate it. But we've gotten a lot of use out of it. And my kids are better swimmers because of it.
28. My freedom.
29. My extended family. I'm thankful that Facebook helps us stay connected even though we live so far apart.
30. Nights out with my husband. We don't get very many of these. At all. Which makes them so special.
31. Music. Music is therapeutic for me. It motivates me. It relaxes me. I love to dance. I love to sing (not saying I can).
32. Bella's doctor, And her neurosurgeon.
33. My niece and nephews, Sydney, Jordan and Kaleb.
34. Tivo. Best invention ever.
35. Pinot grigio.
My name is Kaci. I am a working mom of 3. Wife to Josh. Mom to Jackson, Cameron & Isabella. My life is dinner, homework, baseball, basketball, grocery lists, laundry, middle school, wine, video games, and schedules. I started this blog because I love taking pictures, and I needed a place to document our life. I wanted a place to write it all down, to remember little details so easily forgotten in the mad rush that is the life of a family of 5. Through my photos and words, I endeavor to capture our story.