Snow forts. Our first snowfall this year. Wasn't much, but we did get a school delay and an early release out of it. Jackson and Bella really enjoyed it.
1. I love Patsy Cline. I fell in love with her voice and her music when I was about 8 and saw the movie, Sweet Dreams, about her life and career and untimely death. I also love Dion and the Belmonts. And Otis Redding, Sam Cooke, and Fleetwood Mac. Florida Georgia Line, Justin Bieber, and Amos Lee. And Biggie, Tupac, and Wu Tang. Music is kinda my thing.
2. If I could do it all over again, I would be a .... crime scene investigator. Or a forensic psychologist. I'd love to interview killers and get inside their heads. I love true crime stories. My favorite channel is Investigation Discovery. It is really the only television I watch. I actually obsess over it. I wish I could host my own show. Like Nancy Grace. Or Sarah Koenig.
3. I used to write. Like short stories. When I was like 10. I dreamt of being a journalist. In fact, my first semester of college, that was my plan. I would still like to write a book some day. Maybe when I'm retired. I feel like my life is entertaining enough, or that I could write a book just about my job as a school nurse alone.
4. I'm addicted to fingernail polish. And my nails in general. I hate cuticles or any loose skin around my nails. I don't bite or pick, but I carry a set of fingernail clippers in my purse, at work, and in my car. Yes, I will clip my cuticles at a red light.
5. I saw Nightmare on Elm Street when I was 8. I turned out okay. But I love horror movies. Not like ghosts or demons or paranormal activity, but more like creepy guy with knife chasing you through the dark woods.
6. I know how to crochet and knit. I made Bella a few baby blankets that I love. I want to learn how to quilt. I don't tell many people that because I feel like I sound like I'm 80.
7. I was engaged to be married when I met my husband. Only 3 months away from my wedding. The rest is history.
8. I hate mornings. Hate them. Like my-husband-has-to-turn-on-the-shower-for-me-to-get-the-water-hot-before-I-get-straight-in-the-shower hate them. I can't wake up any other way. It's a curse. I wish I was a morning person.
9. I'm a brunette. Surprise. My hair is of the curly, wavy, frizzy type. I straighten it. Every day. And highlight it. Every 6 weeks. It's a lot of work.
10. I've seen Milli Vanilli, LL Cool J, SWV, Tim McGraw, Usher, H Town, Naughty by Nature, Journey, Nas, Heart, Dave Matthews, , Rascal Flats, Dixie Chicks, Ray Lamontagne and Amos Lee in concert. I don't get to enough concerts, obviously. A lot of these were when I was younger, MUCH younger. My dream concert? Justin Timberlake, Justin Bieber, Chris Brown, Florida Georgia Line, and Aerosmith.
Fun day spent with the boys. It didn't dawn on me, until this photo, that I was the only girl in the group. We did boy stuff - visited a sports museum, shot some hoops. I learned I can throw a fast pitch 46mph. I also learned that it's nearly impossible to throw a football just a mere 10 yards to your intended target. I learned that if you're having fun, you can forget about how cold it is. But most importantly, I learned that it doesn't take much to make these guys happy. Great way to start off our year!
My name is Kaci. I am a working mom of 3. Wife to Josh. Mom to Jackson, Cameron & Isabella. My life is dinner, homework, baseball, basketball, grocery lists, laundry, wine, video games, and bath time. I started this blog because I am passionate about photography and journaling, and because I wanted a place to write it all down, to rememeber little details so easily forgotten in the mad rush that is the life of a family of 5. Through my photos and words, I endeavor to capture our story.